Jenn’s Healthy Hair Must Haves
1. Use high quality shampoo and conditioners. This is the foundation of good hair care so invest in your hair!
2. Silk pillowcase. Linen and cotton pillowcases cause friction, breakage and can literally wipe the shine off your cuticle. Silk pillowcase to the rescue! You hair and skin slide effortlessly off the surface. Another bonus it’s cool in the summer, warm in the winter and resists mold, fungus and dust mites.
3. Showerhead filter. Easy install, all you need is a wrench. Chlorine and hard minerals in the water damage hair, fade color and cause dryness. Aquasana carriers some great ones www.aquasana.com. As well as the company Sprite www.spritewater.com
4. Deep Conditioners. Treat your hair to moisture mask once a week.
5. Gently blot your hair, do not rub it when drying, this will cut down on frizz and breakage. Try to remove as much moisture as possible with a towel before hitting it with a blow dryer. This will not only cut down on drying time but also damage as well.
6. Don’t put your hair up wet. Hair is fragile and elastic when wet and easily snaps and breaks. When your hair is dry it’s much stronger but still make your ponytails low and loose.
7. Take Biotin, Omegas, and get enough protein in your diet to help build hair. Make sure you are getting PLENTY of good protein. If you don’t get enough your body will take it from your hair and skin to go towards your organs, it will literally age you.
8. Use hair sunscreen. If your hair has prolonged exposure to the sun, UVA and UVB rays can damage the outside cover of the hair strand, called the cuticle. Signs of sun damage to your hair include discoloration, dry and brittle strands, broken or split ends, thinning and frizziness. Damaged hair has a dry look and feel. Use a spray with sunscreen daily to protect your hair and your scalp
9. ALWAYS use thermal heat protection! When hair gets overheated it swells and cracks, weakening the hair strand in different areas down the shaft.
10. When having a pool or beach day, take along a gallon of distilled water to rinse the salt and chlorine out of your hair frequently throughout the day and apply a conditioner after each rinse.
Follow these tips and watch you hair look AND feel better and better!